Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Much ado about everything

Lots to do and all due quickly!  This IS an accelerated program ya know!
By June 18th orientation, I need:
  • A TB Skin test
  • Evidence of a tetanus in the past 10 years (pretty sure I got one in 2005-2006...now just getting documentation...)
  • Another MMR (I'm old enough that I didn't need two for school)
  • One of series of 3 Hep B immunizations
By July 28th start date, I need:
  • Bunches of forms signed
  • Evidence of CPR certification
  • Transcript of 'C' or better in Chem II
I have also been waiting to pay my parking spot premium to see if I would need a spot across from the nursing building.  Regular paid spot, $250.  Across from Nursing Building (and in our new parking garage that is being paid for off of my premium), $400.  Ugh.  My campus has proven over and over again, though, that you'll be lucky to find a free spot at all.  Not a good free spot...one at all.  The $250 this last year saved my arse more than a couple of times when I was cutting the time close.  And I could cut the time more closely, which helped since I was at work until I went to class.

The good news about Chemistry II is that I don't have as much pressure on me.  As long as I pull a 'C' I'm golden.  Slacker as that sounds, this formerly-straight-'A'-student knows her limitations.  Now I'm in the program, and if I get a B, yes, it will drop my GPA slightly (from a 3.9, yo!) but it won't exclude me from the program--my main point of concern for the past year.  So yea!

The only CPR class I could find through an online search that fit my timeline was one that is a little over an hour away.  I hope to make some calls today and find a local class.  I did see online that it is National CPR week, so ya'd think that I could find a class a little closer.

I'm turning in my resignation letter today.  Wish me luck on that.  My boss has known all along that I would be going sooner or later, depending on what program I finally picked and depending on the program that picked me.

I hope the headaches that have been plaguing me as of late will soon abate (rhyme all the time!).  I enjoyed my Memorial Day weekend infinitely less due to headaches.  Guess I'll have to mention them when I go see my primary care doc for all my immunizations and script refills.

I'm REALLY glad I'm blogging.  Good to vent the ol' pressure cooker.  I've done YouTube vids under another moniker, but they take time to conceptualize and to edit.  Blogging, well, it's as easy as "Dear Diary."

No comments: