Saturday, May 29, 2010

Memorial Day Musings

Hanging out at my friends house for the Memorial weekend and all I
can think about is how I'm about to be a banker no more.
It's all I've done for the last 10.5 years. Pretty much my whole adult
working life.
What a radical change I've decided to make.
I have to admit, my first reaction when I found out I was 'in' was not
joy but overwhelming anxiety. It was an hour-and-a-half until I could
go home and cry on Goatee-Man's shoulder. Once I got that over and
done with though...I have to admit, I finally allowed myself to feel
the tiniest bit excited.

I haven't saved as much money as I wish I had. I don't want to cash in
my 401k. But I will if I have to. That was what my anxiety stemmed from.

Money.

Not the transition. As one of my friend's really wise hippy-sage-of-a-
dad says, " If money can fix it, it's not a problem."

So money can't be my emphasis.

I'm confident in my abilities. Not as a nurse, because I don't know
anything about that yet. But in ME, my abilities as a leader and
teacher and learner. That I am confident in.

I'm thankful for the last 10+ years as a banker for that.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: