Thursday, May 13, 2010

Grades and the waiting game

HUMAN ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY LAB II
A
HUMAN ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY II
A
CHEMISTRY I  LABORATORY
A
CHEMISTRY I
B
PRINCIPLES OF SOCIOLOGY
A
SOCIAL STATISTICS
A



So that’s what a semester of mind-boggling multitasking has netted me.  Not too shabby.  I know The Program will be harder, but if I get into The Program, I will not be able to work.  And in that regard, it will be awesome.  To be able to think about studying only and not studying plus thinking about what I have to teach someone at the bank the next day…!

I have one summer class.  Chem II.  Bleh.  I do believe it sheer miracle of God that I have that bright and shining ‘B’ next to Chem I.  Seriously.  It sucked big time.  I think I could have done better if two things:  if my teacher taught and if I would have taken it seriouser.  Yes.  Seriouser.

Chem I Prof is Chem II Prof.  Chem II is online and is only one month.  (no lab this time, yea!)  I’ll be breaking out the ACE Inhibitors to make it through, I’m sure.  Hope Chem Prof remembers me and is as generous as he was the first class with the ol’ grades.

The Program.  Still don’t know anything.  I hand delivered my application packet a couple of weeks ago.  Deadline for applying is in 2 days.  Who opens applications for this long? I mean, really.  The way this deadline cuts off, I’m ineligible for almost all scholarships I’ve found because I don’t have an acceptance letter in hand yet.  The other health profession depts had their people picked before the end of semester exams.  Sigh.

I will move if I’m not granted a spot. And I'm good with that--I plan to move for the next part of my education. I have my timeline and I do not want to deviate much.  I’m a goal-setter and a make-things-happen person.

This is the first thing I’ve ever wanted bad enough that when I found I’d have to wait a year and do a bunch of things (i.e. classes) before I’d even be ELIGIBLE to be LOOKED AT for it, I didn’t balk.

Sure hope they will ask me for an interview.  If they’d just meet me, I think they might like me.


No comments: