Friday, May 20, 2011

What's up in my online world?

Wowza are these online classes ever full of busy work!

Not sad anymore...been seeing some of the local friends at the Library and The Edge Coffee Shop, so I don't feel as disconnected.  My Husb has been on the road for a week solid, so I've been a little lonely, but my days have been busy.

I'm about to have to diet again.  I diet for awhile, I quit for awhile, and when I start hovering around the magic number 150, I diet again.  I'm about 148 these days.

Let's see...what else...

I'm stressed every time I schedule my online bill pay.  Every time I take money out at the ATM.  My loan funds are getting smaller and smaller.  I hope I can find a job right after graduation.

And to that end, I am putting feelers out.  I have an interview with a total-senior-care, interdisciplinary-team-approach place in my town.  There isn't a specific job opening at the moment, but I am very thankful to the Exec Director who has agreed to meet me.  That'll be sometime next week; she gave me her number to call for an appointment, yay!

I am very thankful that the Husb has been blessed with a lot of work recently (it's contract kinda stuff).  One of my dear friends in our program just had to sign up for assistance.  I know they are under a LOT of pressure at the moment.  God bless 'em.

Think I'll go drink with my friend Psych-PhD.  Her husb is in a band.  They let me sing with them occasionally; it's a blast.  I still get a bit nervous, (I used to get REALLY sick-nervous back in the day if I had to sing...like only a couple years ago) but now it is more fun than not.
Psych-PhD is getting to teach the next group of accelerated students.  She would've been great to have as my teacher, but I'm really glad she wasn't, because we get to be friends this way!  I have 3-4 other really great teachers that I can't WAIT to be done with school so I can be their FRIEND, not STUDENT.  Professional boundaries, and all that jazz.  It's cool; I totally get it 'cause I've been on the other side of that fence before.

Diet Mt. Dew Voltage...ugh, how gross.  Wish I hadn't of bought a 12 pak. ;-)

No comments: