Thursday, April 1, 2010

Nursing School Applications OPEN

So it seems that in the hustle and bustle of life, nursing school applications have finally opened.  They don't close for TWO STINKING MONTHS, which means I have close to eternity to wait on finding out if I have an interview or not.  :)  It does make it tough for figuring out financial aid and looking for scholarships though.  I cannot even apply for those scholarships without an acceptance letter in hand. :(

All of my classes rock...sans chemistry.  I have met my match.  I really hope I can get the required 'C' for the course to get in to the program.  Seriously.  And I'm a straight 'A' student.  *Shaking my head.  I have made peace with this...it is just tough not knowing how things will turn out.  All I can do (and WILL do) is try.

I have one last prereq class that I will take this summer--Organic Chemistry.  The strange thing of it is, I think I'll do better, simply because it will be a different teacher.  Chem teacher I've got is a great guy--I'd probably have a beer with him--but his teaching style is put one equation on the board and tell us all to be able to slice and dice that equation all the different algebraic ways.  Well, I'm not really very strong algebraically.  Organic will be taken at Podunk University's stepsister school about 1 hour from home.  But it is web-assisted, so most of class is online, and then I show up 3 times for an all day lab.  Sounds cool!

Anyhoo.
I adore Anatomy/Physiology II class.  Great teacher, and developing some really good friends since we've all been hanging out for almost a year now (2 semesters).  I'll be sad when we're done with that one.

On the work-front, I've been able to do some fun Trainer-y things lately at work, and the Young Professional Network that I'm part of is throwing their Leadership Conference today.  I am the chairperson of Programs.  I scored some really great speakers and even came in UNDER budget.  Coo.  Now as long as everyone shows up, I'm golden.  Everyone else's parts of the program all come down to today.  I think I much prefer doing my stressin' during the whole year we've been working on this and get to enjoy today and tomorrow.

I have lots of days at work that I downright PINE to be learning about... the rest of my life's work.  I'll get there, though.

No comments: