Monday, August 22, 2011

Orientation and old

1st day of orientation at Saint Big Dog went very well today. Policies, procedures, HR, & assorted hoopla. A poorly catered lunch of fried food ( this IS the south afterall) that tasted pretty good because it was free was our mid-day break.
Risk management ended our day with a video that made absolutely everyone cry - a med error that killed a sweet little boy. Then we adjourned for the day... Except for nurses. We were all fitted for TB masks.

I don't remember getting that hot and claustrophobic when I was tested in nursing school. But the lady today was WAY more thorough. It was a 7 minute test. If she hadn't kept talking to us, I may have panicked. No kidding, I have difficulty, big-time with even surgical masks. Breathing hot air gets to me somehow.

(Sidenote, my indigestion is ridiculous right now. Can't wait for my insurance to kick in to see if I've got raging H.pylori or what. Anyhoo. Chamomile tea, down the hatch. )

Then I went and had my ID made. I have my trademark extreme-cheese-grin but my eyes are open too wide...total deer in the headlight look. Yay for goofy IDs that I have to wear forever.

But...since my temp license was issued Friday...my namebadge says 'RN.'. Not 'bsns' that I was all last year in school, not even GN for grad nurse. RN.

Happies.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: