Saturday, October 31, 2009

Orchids & Onions, take 1!



Welcome to the first edition of Orchids and Onions! Without further ado, let’s see who this week’s winners are!
Onions to: stupid advisors who screw up your Master’s graduation clearance and then get pissed that you would dare question whether everything is still in order...Two. Months. Later. By the way, useless advisor, I don't care what women-oppressed country you are from OR that you purport to be a MD. (my old school)
Orchids to: wonderful staff in student records offices who realize that advisors are as stupid as you suspected. (my old school)
Onions to: podunk universities that offer must-have classes for admission into highly competitive programs only one semester a year. And who don't accept my Stats class from the old school. (my new school)
Orchids to: advisors who help you find other universities from which to take the missing courses. And advise you to CLEP out of Sociology. (my new school)
Onions to: advisors who didn’t advise you last semester and now feel bad and have to help you find missing courses at competing universities. And forgot to tell you that your US History class was one you could CLEP out of. (again, the new school)
Orchids to: the sun. It is our first sunny day in about 2 weeks. 
Onions to: neighbors that purposefully look the other way when you wave as they drive by.
Orchids to: redneck neighbors that park their 4x4 Dually truck in the middle of the road, blocking traffic to say hi. I’ll take any kind of friendly neighbor as opposed to a snot any ol’ day.
Onions to: my local Podunk university for having more prerequisites than some well-known-teaching-hospital-university’s Accelerated BSN program. If they don’t need it, Podunk U surely doesn’t either.
Orchids to: Tater and Twinkie, the two best bichon kids ever!
Onions to: my very disorganized US History teacher. (yet ANOTHER prereq that my two previous degrees didn’t require, and I’m required to have for Po-Dunk U.)
Orchids to: the hubby for cooking and running the vacuum today.
Okay, back to Microbiology! I have a test coming up on disease transmission and antibiotics—love it!

No comments: